Journal «Angiology and Vascular Surgery» • 

2016 • VOLUME 22 • №4

Puncture treatment of pseudoaneurysms of femoral arteries with the use of human thrombin

Panfilov D.S.1, Kozlov B.N.1, Panfilov S.D.2, Kuznetsov M.S.1, Nasrashvili G.G.1, Shipulin V.M.1

1) Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Scientific Research Institute of Cardiology, Tomsk,
2) Department of Vascular Surgery, Municipal Clinical Hospital No 29, Novokuznetsk, Russia

The authors analysed both immediate and remote results of puncture treatment with the use of human thrombin under ultrasound control in patients with iatrogenic false aneurysms of femoral arteries.

The study included a total of 32 patients presenting with post-puncture pseudoaneurysms of femoral arteries after previous endovascular manipulations. The clinical diagnosis was verified by means of ultrasound duplex scanning. Puncture treatment was carried out using lyophilisate of human thrombin at a concentration of 500 IU according to the patented technique. The obtained outcomes were assessed at various terms (up to 12 months).

The predominant ultrasound characteristics of a false aneurysm were as follows: an arterial defect sized 2.1-3 mm with prevailing localization in the superficial femoral artery (singe-chamber pseudoaneurysm with the volume of its cavity amounting to 31-60 cm3). The average dose of thrombin sufficient for obliteration of the cavity amounted to 320.8±104.6 IU.

The puncture treatment proved to be effective in 30 (93.7%) patients. In the remaining 2 (6.3%) cases the outcomes of puncture treatment turned out unsatisfactory, thus requiring an operative intervention. No relapsed were observed in the remote period.

A conclusion was drawn that puncture treatment is a highly effective method in relation to false aneurysms of femoral arteries and is neither accompanied by relapses nor followed by allergic, thrombotic, infectious complication at various terms of follow up. Efficacy of treatment with human thrombin does not depend on taking antithrombotic agents by the patients.

KEY WORDS: pseudoaneurysm, iatrogenic aneurysm, femoral artery, human thrombin, puncture treatment.

P. 67

« Back

Angiologia.ru - portal for professionals
VLAANT
Lancet
HI-TECHNOLOGY MEDICINE