Journal «Angiology and Vascular Surgery» • 

2011 • VOLUME 17 • №3

Prevalence rate of fatal and nonfatal pulmonary artery thromboembolism at a multimodality hospital

Asamov R.E., Magrupov B.A., Vervekina T.A., Yuldoshev A.Kh., Asamova N.R., Shukurov B.I., Isamukhamedov Sh.Sh.
Department of Emergency Surgery Republican Scientific Centre for Emergency Medical Care under the Public Health Ministry of the Republic of Uzbekistan Tashkent, Uzbekistan

The authors carried out a retrospective analysis of the causes of fatal and nonfatal pulmonary artery thromboembolisms (PATE) based on the materials of 204 post-mortem examinations of the patients having died at the Republican Scientific Centre for Emergency Medical Care. Of these, PATE as the underlying cause of death was registered in 151 (74.0%) cases, and the remaining 53 (26.0%) patients were found to have had lesions of the pulmonary artery branches on the background of another concomitant fatal pathology. In-life diagnosis of PATE had been made in 42.6% of cases only. Damage to the inferior vena cava (JVC) was recorded in the case history only in 19.9% of those having died of PATE, while of the patients with nonfatal forms of thromb о embolism, having died of other causes, lesions of the venous system had been registered by the attending physicians only in 11.3% of cases. The authors made a conclusion on the importance of improving the organizational, therapeutic and diagnostic measures aimed at prevention and early detection of embolus-threatening phlebothrombosis, as well as implementing more radical and safer methods of preventing PATE.

KEY WORDS: PATE, fatal and nonfatal PATE, risk group, diagnosis of phlebothrombosis, prevention, anticoagulant therapy.

P. 24

« Back

Angiologia.ru - portal for professionals
VLAANT
Lancet
HI-TECHNOLOGY MEDICINE